Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy CuteYear!

Okay, it is almost midJan, but it is still the beginning of the year. i have been busy contemplating my most fav of fav pop songs of 2007. Must look back to move forward and all. Plus, there has been some amazing pop this past year. Here is Part 1 of CutePop 2007!

*this is a list of fav pop tunes. there were many songs i loved in 2007, and they were not all pop, but i needed to focus attention on the cutest and most poptastic.

Kylie Minogue - 2 Hearts

There were so many people who had sh** to say about Kylie's first single, 2 hearts, off her album X when it came out. Sure, it is not my fav track off the album (only because the album is soooooo poptastic), but i still love it and groove to it. I love watching Kylie getting into a glamrockpop mood. It is also a great song to sing in the shower.

Tegan and Sara - Back In Your Head

There are many great tracks off the new Tegan and Sara album The Con. I find myself listening to the album over and over and over again. But for pure pop like pleasure i turn my attention to Back In Your Head. This song made my walk to and from my TEFL course much more enjoyable in August. And yes, sometimes i airpiano while listening to it.


Calvin Harris - The Girls

With a song like this, i can see why Calvin Harris gets all the girls.

Sugababes-About You Know

There are some songs that grab you immediately. You can't stop listening to it. Your flatmates start to hate you 'cause you are always listening to the same song over and over and over again. This was not one of those songs for me. It took a couple listens, but slowly the song grew on me. i found myself humming the tune. I then found myself tapping my toe to it. Soon it was a full fledged bedroom dancing anthem.


Roisin Murphy - Overpowered

Amazing! there shall be more Roisin Murphy to be seen on this list....











No comments: